Host your own Christmas quiz with the following 50 questions! Answers at the end, no cheating 😉
1. Stollen is the traditional fruit cake of which country?
A. North Pole
2. In which direction should you stir mincemeat for good luck? 👩🍳
C. You don’t, you fold the mixture
3. What would you stick into an orange when making a pomander? 🍊
A. Cinnamon Sticks
C. Star Anise
4. On which day were Calling Birds gifted in the 12 days of Christmas? 🐦
5. What is a “Buche de Noel” commonly eaten in France at Christmas?
A. Mince Pies
C. Yule Log
D. Christmas Cake
6. What would you be drinking if you had “Gluhwein”?
B. Mulled Wine
C. Buck’s Fizz
D. Spiced Brandy
7. Which dish was served in the song We Wish You A Merry Christmas? 🎶
A. Christmas Pudding
C. Figgy Pudding
8. When was the first Christmas card sent?
9. The first Christmas tree appeared in the USA 🎄
10. How many reindeer drive Santa’s sleigh? 🦌
11. Which of these gifts were NOT a gift given by the Wise Men? 🎁
12. Which of Santa’s reindeer is named after another animal? 🦌
13. Which Christmas decoration is made from a parasitic plant? 🌱
A. Pine Tree
14. Where was St. Nick born? 🎅
15. What did Noel mean in Latin before being used for Christmas?
16. When did the term “Xmas” start?
A. 14th Century
B. 15th Century
C. 16th Century
D. 17th Century
17. How many points does a snowflake traditionally have? ❄️
18. Which country created eggnog? 🥛
19. Which country gifts the Christmas tree that’s placed at Trafalgar Square in London? 🎄
20. Which is THE most popular ornament used to place at the top of a Christmas Tree? 🎄
21. How many candles are on an advent wreath?
22. On the 10th day of Christmas, what does my true love give to me? 🎁
A. 10 swans a-swimming
B. 10 geese a-laying
C. 10 Drummers drumming
D. 10 Lords a-leaping
23. What is the best-selling Christmas song of all time? 🎶
A. All I Want For Christmas Is You
B. Last Christmas
C. It’s Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas
D. White Christmas
24. In the carol, We Three Kings, which way is the star leading them? 🌟
25. Which Christmas song says “I really do believe in you, let’s see if you believe in me”? 🎶
A. Santa Claus Is Coming To Town
B. Santa Baby
C. Joy To The World
D. Mary’s Boy Child
26. How many gifts in total were given in the 12 days of Christmas song? 🎁
27. What was Frosty the Snowman’s nose made from? ☃️
A. A carrot
B. A lump of coal
C. A button
D. A pebble
28. Which popular Christmas song was actually written for Thanksgiving? 🎶
A. Jingle Bells
B. Fairytale of New York
C. Let It Snow
D. Winter Wonderland
29. Which spy recently keeps an eye on naughty or nice children?
A. Father Christmas
C. The Grinch
D. The Elf On The Shelf
30. In A Christmas Carol, what was Mr. Scrooge’s first name?
D. Tiny Tim
31. What kind of Christmas does Elvis sing about? 🎶
32. What is the name of The Grinch’s dog? 🐶
33. Who is Rudolph’s Father? 🦌
34. What Christmas food is made from “marsh-whorts”?
B. Roast Potatoes
D. Cranberry Sauce
35. Which ocean is Christmas Island in? 🌊
A. Pacific Ocean
B. Atlantic Ocean
C. Indian Ocean
D. Arctic Ocean
36. What is Santa’s real name? 🎅
B. Chris Kringle
C. Feliz Navidad
D. Kris Kringle
37. When are Christmas decorations meant to be taken down? 🎄
A. 5th January
B. 12th January
C. 31st December
D. New Years Day
38. What is a Smoking Bishop?
A. An eggnog cocktail
B. A shot of warm brandy
C. A type of Mulled Wine
D. Hot Mulled Cider
39. What is wassailing?
A. Kissing under the mistletoe
B. Wishing neighbors a long life
C. Writing Christmas cards
D. Attaching gift tags to presents
40. What fruit is usually placed in stockings?
41. What was Christmas pudding originally?
A. A condiment similar to cranberry sauce
B. A type of bread pudding
C. A soup/porridge
D. Christmas cookies with currants
42. What’s lucky to find in your Christmas pudding?
A. A silver coin
C. A chocolate coin
D. A ring
43. Which Christmas song did astronauts broadcast from space? 🚀
A. Jingle Bells
B. Christmas won’t be the same without you
C. I’ll be home for Christmas
D. Rockin’ around the Christmas tree
44. What is the most coming choice of meat at Christmas? 🍖
45. How big was the world’s largest Christmas tree? 🎄
A. 121 ft high
B. 221 ft high
C. 321 ft high
D. 361 ft high
46. Who does a speech every year in the UK on Christmas Day?
A. The Prime Minister
B. Father Christmas
C. The King
D. The Queen
47. In The Night Before Christmas what did children have visions of?
A. Father Christmas coming to town
B. Stockings stuffed with presents
C. Sugar Plums
D. Sweet candy canes
48. When was the last white Christmas in the UK? ❄️
49. There are 365 days in a year, what number day is Christmas?
50. How many days are there on a traditional advent calendar? 🗓️
A. 24 days
B. 25 days
C. 12 days
D. 31 days
Share this Post