Have you spotted us? We’re excited to be in the April issue of PlantBased magazine, a foodies heaven!
We partnered with PlantBased Magazine to bring you this delicious recipe using a great selection of our herbs and spices. Whether or not the sun is out, these Tandoori Tofu Skewers will wake up your taste buds with warming chilli, ginger and aromatic garam masala, nigella and coriander seeds.
Tandoori Tofu Skewers
For the tandoori marinade
- 4 tbsp coconut yoghurt
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
- 1 inch fresh ginger peeled and grated
- 1 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 lemon juice only
- 2 tsp cumin seed (organic available)
- 1 tsp coriander seed (organic available)
- 1 tssp nigella seed
- 1 tsp fenugreek seed
- 1 tsp mustard seed (organic available)
- 1/2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp garam masala (organic available)
For the skewers
- 8 bamboo skewers soaked in water for 30 mins
- 400g extra firm tofu drained, pressed and cubed
- 1/2 green bell pepper deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 1/2 red bell pepper deseeded and chopped into chunks
- 1 red onion peeled and chopped into chunks
- A few mushrooms halved or quartered
- crisp sala
- lemon wedges
In a small, dry frying pan, gently toast the whole spices until fragrant and a shade darker. Tip into a pestle and mortar or spice grinder and crush to a powder.
Add the toasted spices to a large bowl and mix well with all the other ingredients for the marinade.
Add the tofu to the marinade, cover and refrigerate for 1 hour. This can also be prepared the day before to get ahead.
Make the skewers by threading them with alternating chunks of vegetables and tofu until all the ingredients have been used.
Preheat grill to high. Line a grill pan with foil and place the rack on top. Place the skewers on the rack and grill on all sides until lightly charred.
Serve with salad, raitha and lemon wedges for squeezing.
About the Author
As an animal lover and baking enthusiast, Georgia can often be found experimenting with plant-based recipes in her kitchen.