7 reasons to switch to Himalayan Pink Salt

Himalayan Salt, or pink salt is found, unsurprisingly, in the Himalayan Mountains and is claimed to be the purest salt on the planet, containing a whopping 84 elements and minerals – an impressive number considering there are only 118 elements known to science!

But not only is it packed full of invaluable, health-boosting minerals… it’s also pink! Here are just a few reasons why you may want to trade in your regular table salt for this more unusual variety…

Strengthens bones

A massive 27% of the body’s salt is actually found in the bones, so ensuring your body has enough salt and water is vital for strong, healthy bones. Many of the minerals found in Himalayan Pink Salt are vital for this process, so if you are prone to arthritis or broken bones, regular use of Himalayan Salt to season your food may be just what you need to jump start your body back to good health!

Detoxifies your blood

If you’re looking for a relaxing way to detox, Himalayan Pink Salt may be your answer. Its impressive mineral profile is perfect for external detoxification and when added to a bath of warm water, it also provides much needed nutrients to your body.  The sciencey bit; when dissolved in water, Himalayan Pink Salt becomes an ionic solution that helps to draw the toxins out of skin.

Reduces muscle cramps and DOMs

Apart from acting as a detoxifier, a warm bath infused with Himalayan Pink Salt is great for relaxing cramped muscles.  The magnesium and other trace minerals found in Himalayan Pink Salt absorb through the skin to help heal damaged muscle and other soft tissues.  Now there’s no excuses not to get back in the gym!

Increases hydration

Salt and hydration in the same sentence, who would have thought it?! Unlike regular table salt, Himalayan Pink Salt doesn’t dehydrate you, in fact it does the exact opposite by helping maintain your body’s hydration!

Himalayan Pink Salt is made up of approximately 85% sodium chloride, with the other 15% featuring notable amounts of potassium, calcium, and magnesium, as well as bicarbonate.  These six minerals are all electrolytes that are necessary for proper functioning of the human body and more specifically for bodily fluid regulation.

Boosts metabolism

Himalayan Pink Salt contains iodine, the mineral that plays an essential role in the functioning of the metabolism-controlling thyroid gland. If you’re looking for a simple way to boost your metabolism, try adding more Himalayan Salt to your food and, fingers crossed, you won’t need to worry about a sluggish metabolism.

Reduces the signs of ageing

When striving for a more youthful appearance, hydration is key, with health authorities saying we should be drinking at least 2 litres a day! As we learnt earlier, Himalayan Pink Salt helps hydrate the body and excellent hydration will keep you looking youthful by maintaining and improving skin’s elasticity, therefore reducing fine lines and wrinkles. Pass the salt mill!

Improves mood and libido

It’s said that you can’t find a better salt than Himalayan Pink Salt; its minerals and negative ions produce a cleansing and detoxifying effect that can leave your mind and body feeling rejuvenated and invigorated. If you get what we’re saying…

 

Disclaimer: Whilst every effort has been made to source the most up to date and accurate information, we cannot guarantee that remedies in our articles are effective, when in doubt, consult your GP or a qualified Medicinal Herbalist. Remember also that herbal remedies can be dangerous under certain circumstances therefore you should always seek medical advice before self-treating with a homemade remedy, especially if you are pregnant, breast feeding or suffer from any known illness which could be adversely affected by self-treatment.

About the Author

Georgia

As an animal lover and baking enthusiast, Georgia can often be found experimenting with plant-based recipes in her kitchen.

Share this Post